Free Shipping On all orders over $100.00
79300 Adapt Ostomy Paste (2 oz)
79300 Adapt Stoma Paste (2 ounce tube)
Hollister Adapt ostomy paste is easy to use fill in uneven skin contours near your stoma and prevent ostomy drainage from getting underneath your barrier.
- Ref# 79300
- 2 ounce tube
- HCPCS Code: A4406
- Contains alcohol
- The paste tube can be emptied down to the last drop
- Low-alcohol content to minimize stinging
- Use to caulk and fill skin crevices to improve the fit of a skin barrier
- Use to fill or caulk uneven skin contours near the stoma to create a flatter surface
- Use to prevent ostomy drainage from getting under the pouch seal
How to Use Adapt Paste Stoma Paste:
1. Wash and dry your skin thoroughly.
2. Apply a small bead of Adapt Stoma Paste at the inner edge of the skin barrier - next to the opening where the stoma will be (Figure 1). You may let it sit while you remove your used pouch and clean and dry your skin.
3. Apply additional Adapt Ostomy Paste to uneven areas near the stoma if needed.
4. Apply your ostomy pouch as usual.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Does Adapt paste make my pouch adhere better?
A: Adapt Paste prevents liquid drainage from getting between your skin and your skin
barrier. This protects your skin and often extends the life of your skin barrier. Adapt paste
is NOT an adhesive and too much Adapt paste may actually interfere with a good seal.
Q: What if the Adapt paste touches my stoma?
A: Adapt Paste will not harm your stoma or cause it to stop draining. As you press
your skin barrier into place you may see the Adapt paste filling in the area around
Q: Do I need to let the Adapt paste set up before applying my pouch?
A: Some people find the Adapt paste performs better if it is allowed to sit for a short time
before it is applied to the skin. If so, refer to step 2 above.
Q: How should I remove Hollister's Adapt paste?
A: Adapt paste will come off when you remove your ostomy pouch. If you are changing your
ostomy pouch after a very short time (less than a day) you may see paste residue that
should be gently lifted from the skin. If a small amount of Adapt paste residue is still
adhered to your skin but it appears clean, you can apply your new ostomy pouch over it.
Q: Sometimes my skin stings when I use #79300 Hollister Adapt Paste, why is that?
A: Adapt Paste and other ostomy pastes contain alcohol which may cause
a stinging sensation if you have a skin irritation*. Adapt Rings are alcohol-free
and are an excellent alternative for sensitive or irritated skin.
5 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Have used this in the past. It's a great product.
This product not only fills depressions and scars to prolong pouch life but also can patch small leaks both on plastic (apply and cover with tape) but also reinforces the weak flange /Pouch junction on Hollister pouches.
Much like Coloplast or convatec paste, this stuff works and is inexpeinsive. It does the job.
I use this paste together with Karaya 5 paste. The only thing that I don't like is that the Adapt paste burns when you put it on. Of course, after my tears have dried and my labored breathing has stopped, I can wear my pouch as long as 5-7 days. I'd much rather deal with a little discomfort for a few minutes than burning excoriated skin for days from not using it.