Free Shipping On all orders over $100.00
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant (10/Box)
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant (10 per box) SKU# MSC093005
Marathon liquid skin protectant helps to heal weepy broken down skin by forming a protective layer over compromised skin. The no-sting formula lasts days between applications and protects sensitive skin from maceration caused by moisture exposure common in people with colostomies, ileostomies, urostomies, and sensitive skin around wounds may heal. Marathon is packaged in an ampule with a dauber tip for application. It is a medical grade glue that bonds to skin and provides protection. Marathon is non-cytotoxic and a cyanoacrylate based monomer used to create a protective layer over the skin.
Marathon skin protectant bonds to the skin surface and integrates with the epidermis as the cyanoacrylate polymerizes at the molecular level while supporting the natural integrity of the skin. It provides higher strength and higher resistance to washoff than other thin film barriers. Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant is resistant to external moisture, yet it allows the skin to breathe.
Learn why a 100% cyanoacrylate like Marathon works best to protect against MASD (moisture associated skin damage)
- 10 per box (0.5 g per ampule)
- sku# MSC093005
- 3 day wear time
- Cyanoacrylate protectant
- Flexible and long-lasting
- Protects from friction
- Protects from moisture (urine, exudate, sweat, and other bodily fluids) that can cause maceration
- Use on intact or damaged skin
- Fast drying and breathable
- Indications: damaged skin, fragile skin, periwound skin and peristomal skin
- Contraindicated for second or third degree burns, infected areas and directly to the wound bed or to deep puncture wounds.
- Change frequency is up to 3 days, reapply as needed. *Test data on file (independent lab).
How To Apply Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant:
1. Remove applicator from package. Hold upright and firmly squeeze to crush inner tube. Turn applicator upside down.
2. Apply a thin coating of Marathon over the affected area.
3. Allow to dry thoroughly before covering with any dressings, adhesive products or clothing.
How To Remove Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant:
Excess Marathon skin protectant can be removed before it dries by wiping with a clean tissue or cloth. After applying Marathon to the peristomal area, any unwanted cyanoacrylate (active ingredient in Marathon) can be softened using petroleum jelly and be removed. It will naturally wear off in 1 to 3 days after the skin renews itself. If for any reason your skin has an adverse reaction while using Marathon, contact your healthcare provider.
- Do Not apply directly to deep, open, or bleeding wounds.
- Do Not apply to chronic wounds (persistent or unhealing wounds).
- Do Not apply to second or third degree burns.
- Do Not apply to infected areas.
Other Information On Marathon Protectant
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant Minimizes friction and reduces the risk of developing skin tears
- Creates a strong physical barrier against abrasive forces.
- Also recommended for damaged skin to protect against further breakdown.
- Can be applied to pressure points to avoid the effects of friction which can reduce the risk of skin breakdown.
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant Protects skin from prolonged exposure to moisture, which weakens and damages the skin surface and makes it more susceptible to breakdown.
- Incontinence: Marathon should be used on at-risk areas such as the sacrum, buttocks and groin area.
- Stomas and drain sites: Helps protect the area around stomas and drain sites from breakdown caused by body fluids, exudate and the effect of adhesives.
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant Maintains skin surface cell integrity
- Healed wounds never attain the same breaking strength (the tension at which skin breaks) as uninjured skin.
- Applying Marathon to the skin once it has closed should help protect it and maintain integrity.
Frequently Asked Questions About Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant
Q: Does Marathon hurt or sting?
A: Marathon does not hurt or sting when applied to intact or damaged skin. Upon application, a warm sensation may be felt on the affected area, but this is only temporary.
Q: Why does it feel warm when applied?
A: When Marathon is applied, the polymerization of the molecules occurs via an exothermic reaction, producing a small amount of heat. This sensation is temporary and not harmful.
Q: What causes the odor when applying Marathon?
Q: How and when is Marathon going to come off from my skin?
Q: If needed, how do I remove Marathon immediately?
Q: How long do I need to let it dry?
Q: Why does Marathon crack after applying to skin?
Q: When should I reapply Marathon?
Q: Can Marathon be applied to a wound?
Q: Can Marathon be used over denuded (excoriated), wet, weepy skin?
Q: Do I need to crust around the stoma when I use Marathon?
Q: Can I use Marathon over intact skin or fragile skin when it is not broken?
17 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
I have a n ileosotomy and I do not know what I would do without this stuff. I call it liquid fold and it’s totally worth it. If you happen to have any coupons I would greatly anthem. Thank you. Amy Roberts.
I was just recently diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer and have a iliostomy bag. I have to use marathon to help my bags to stick. I could not make it without it. I love this product. If you have any coupons that would be nice because I have to pay out of pocket each time. Thank you so much!! Amy Roberts
Marathon is the best I have used. I highly recommend it.
Marathon does an excellent job protecting the surrounding stoma skin. It is essential to protect the skin from irritation and possible damage. It is a shame this product is not covered by Medicare. We appreciate Parthenon providing this necessary ostomy product at a reasonable price and greater number per package at a very good price.
This product is awesome! It protects my peristomal skin while the healing takes place underneath. Thanks to the Wound Care team in the hospital it saved me from more pain and suffering. Insurance should take a good look at this product and start covering it. I highly recommend this product for Ostomy care.
Far and away the best skin protectant for problematic peristomal skin breakdown! God bless my WOCN for telling me about Marathon.
My sister has an ileostomy and multiple hernias around the stoma. As a result, she frequently has issues with bags not sealing well and leaks. She had horrible scalding and learned of this product and was awaiting physician approval to obtain it through insurance. I did an internet search and found it at Parthanon and sent some to her. She was cleared AFTER ONE APPLICATION. Anyone who has experienced this scald knows the pain and frustration of it. Buy some now. You won't regret it.
This product is great for healing irritated skin especially if you have an ostomy. It was highly recommended by my ostomy nurse and I would recommend using as well. This product saves me from having to visit the nurse in the surgeon’s office.
Marathon is a good product that protects my skin and I like that. The down side is the flow of the product out if the tube is not consistent