Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant (10 per box)
Lowest Price for Marathon skin protectant! Ships right away. Marathon heals weepy broken down skin. The no-sting formula lasts days between applications and protects sensitive skin from maceration caused by moisture exposure common in people with colostomies, ileostomies, urostomies, and sensitive skin around wounds may heal.
Marathon Skin Protectant In Stock and Ships Same Day from Salt Lake City, UT. Marathon is packaged in an ampule with a dauber tip for application. It is a medical grade glue that bonds to skin and provides protection. Marathon is non-cytotoxic and a cyanoacrylate based monomer used to create a protective layer over the skin.
Marathon skin protectant bonds to the skin surface and integrates with the epidermis as the cyanoacrylate polymerizes at the molecular level while supporting the natural integrity of the skin. It provides higher strength and higher resistance to washoff than other thin film barriers. Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant is resistant to external moisture, yet it allows the skin to breathe.
- 10 per box (0.5 g per ampule)
- 3 day wear time
- Cyanoacrylate protectant
- Flexible and long-lasting
- Protects from friction
- Protects from moisture (urine, exudate, sweat, and other bodily fluids) that can cause maceration
- Use on intact or damaged skin
- Fast drying and breathable
- Marathon shows greater protective capabilities than 3M® Cavilon® against corrosive fluids(synthetic urine) and wash-off*
- Indications: damaged skin, fragile skin, periwound skin and peristomal skin
- Contraindicated for second or third degree burns, infected areas and directly to the wound bed or to deep puncture wounds.
- Change frequency is up to 3 days, reapply as needed. *Test data on file (independent lab).
How To Apply Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant:
1. Remove applicator from package. Hold upright and firmly squeeze to crush inner tube. Turn applicator upside down.
2. Apply a thin coating of Marathon over the affected area.
3. Allow to dry thoroughly before covering with any dressings, adhesive products or clothing.
How To Remove Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant:
Excess Marathon skin protectant can be removed before it dries by wiping with a clean tissue or cloth. After applying Marathon to the peristomal area, any unwanted cyanoacrylate (active ingredient in Marathon) can be softened using petroleum jelly and be removed. It will naturally wear off in 1 to 3 days after the skin renews itself. If for any reason your skin has an adverse reaction while using Marathon, contact your healthcare provider.
- Do Not apply directly to deep, open, or bleeding wounds.
- Do Not apply to chronic wounds (persistent or unhealing wounds).
- Do Not apply to second or third degree burns.
- Do Not apply to infected areas.
Other Information On Marathon Protectant
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant Minimizes friction and reduces the risk of developing skin tears
- Creates a strong physical barrier against abrasive forces.
- Also recommended for damaged skin to protect against further breakdown.
- Can be applied to pressure points to avoid the effects of friction which can reduce the risk of skin breakdown.
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant Protects skin from prolonged exposure to moisture, which weakens and damages the skin surface and makes it more susceptible to breakdown.
- Incontinence: Marathon should be used on at-risk areas such as the sacrum, buttocks and groin area.
- Stomas and drain sites: Helps protect the area around stomas and drain sites from breakdown caused by body fluids, exudate and the effect of adhesives.
Marathon Liquid Skin Protectant Maintains skin surface cell integrity
- Healed wounds never attain the same breaking strength (the tension at which skin breaks) as uninjured skin.
- Applying Marathon to the skin once it has closed should help protect it and maintain integrity.
Other No Sting skin protectants include 3m Cavilon wipes, Smith Nephew No Sting Wipes, and Safe n Simple No Sting Wipes.