15981 SenSura Xpro Flat MAXI 1-Piece Drainable Ostomy Pouch
Coloplast's 1-piece ostomy appliance has an extended wear barrier, EasiClose WIDE Outlet Drainable Pouch, and a filter for flatulence odor.
- Item# 15981
- Drainable pouch with extended wear barrier and EasiClose WIDE integrated closure. Flat. Transparent with filter.
- 10 pouches per box
- HCPCS Code: A4388
- MAXI, Transparent, with filter
- Extended wear barrier
- Cut-to-Fit Barrier Stoma Size: 3/8"-3" (10-76mm)
Improve the fit of your ostomy appliance by using the 12037 Brava Protective Seals before applying your barrier and pouch.
Sensura 1-piece Drainable Ostomy Pouch Product Features:
SenSura 1-piece combines the unique double-layer adhesive with new bag features. Offering you a solution that gives you security, comfort and discretion.
Double-layer adhesive: The double-layer adhesive is skin friendly and resistant to erosion from stoma output and body fluids. Offering you both security and skin protection.
Visible cutting guide: The cutting guide has clear blue cutting guides in relevant sizes. Making it easier for you to cut the adhesive accurately to ensure a safe seal around your stoma.
Removal ear: The removal ear makes it easy to remove the adhesive without leaving residues on the skin. Making bag changes more easy for you.
Wave filter: The bag has an integrated wave filter which allows the air to flow, keeping your bag discreet. The wave filter reduces the risk of the bag ballooning up and causing unnecessary bulges. The carbon filter within the wave filter helps to reduce smells.
Material: The soft non-woven fabric is strong and water repellent. Making it easier for you to dry the bag after a wash or swim.
Inspection window: The inspection window makes it easier to place the adhesive correctly and to check the condition of the stoma when needed.
Outlet: The outlet is easy to empty and clean. Making it a more hygienic solution for you. Removing the need to carry extra cleaning accessories around with you.
EasiClose outlet: The outlet can be folded up and hidden away without the need for bulky clips. Offering you a comfortable, secure and easy to use solution.
Extra discretion: The bag can be folded up and secured in its own pocket to be half its size. Giving you the flexibility to have the bag at the size you need and offering you extra discretion when you need it.
The SenSura 1-piece open bags are available with SenSura adhesive which is available in a flat or Convex Light version.
SenSura is the new generation of ostomy products from Coloplast developed with guidance from WOC/ET nurses and individuals with ostomies. SenSura provides increased comfort and flexibility through the unique Circle of Security.
New double-layered adhesive -- The SenSura adhesive features a unique two-layer design. The lower layer ensures absorption while the upper layer provides flexibility and the ability for the adhesive to flow with body movement (enhancing mobility). Together, the layers protect the skin and maintain a healthy moisture balance.
Filter -- The innovative wave filter works automatically. The filter labels, enclosed in each box, may be used to protect and cover the filter when showering or bathing. Simply press a label on the top of the filter opening.
Soft pouch cover -- The new soft cover is durable and water repellant. Pat dry after showering.
For Convex Light only
Convex Light products are designed for flush (skin level) stomas. Convex Light pouches come available with belt loops, to make attaching a belt more convenient.
EasiClose WIPE Outlet – a step by step process
(Closed pouch users move to Step #4 ‘Application’)
Close the outlet before use
- Place the pouch on a flat surface. Fold the lower plate over the larger plate (similar to sealing an envelope). There may be slight resistance.
- Roll the outlet upwards toward the pouch two more times. A Velcro® strip will become visible.
- Seal the outlet by folding the Velcro® hook ears onto the strip. For more discretion, the sealed outlet can be folded under the soft cloth.
Applying the Pouch
- Trace the size and shape of the stoma on the adhesive measuring guide. Cut an opening to fit the size and shape of the stoma. Do not leave excess space between the stoma and the adhesive.
- Cutting is easier with the use of curved scissors.
- Warm the adhesive
- Warming the adhesive between your hands priori to application. This helps the adhesive warm up to body temperature, which may result in better wear time. Skin should be clean and dry before applying the pouch.
- Removal of protective film
- Place a thumb on the white tab and use the other hand to pull the blue release tab away from the adhesive.
- Use gentle pressure to secure the adhesive to the skin around the stoma. Run fingers along the edge of the adhesive to ensure a good seal.
- Use the white tab on the adhesive to gently pull the ostomy pouch away from the skin while applying light pressure on the skin with your free hand.
Emptying the Pouch
- Open the ostomy pouch
- Lift both ears off the Velcro® plate. Unfold the outlet and position for emptying. The lower flap of the outlet should be folded backwards and fixed by the Velcro® dots on the back of the outlet. This creates a more hygienic emptying process.
- Empty the ostomy pouch
- Flow is controlled by pinching the outlet opening.
- Clean the outlet
- Clean the outlet in one sliding movement away from your body with a tissue and repeat.
- Close the outlet
- Fold the lower plate over the larger plate (similar to sealing an envelope). Repeat steps 2 through 3.