Free Shipping On all orders over $100.00
Mepilex® Ag Antimicrobial Silicone Absorbent Foam Dressing with Silver(5/BX)
287100 Mepilex Ag Antimicrobial Soft Silicone Absorbent Foam Dressing 5/BX
Mepilex Ag wound dressing has a dual benefit of added silver for antimicrobial benefits and it can absorb exudate.
- 4" x 4"
- 5 per box
- Ref# 287100
Molnlycke Health Care Mepilex Ag is a version of Mepilex where silver has been added. Silver kills bacteria and might be used both for preventing infection and also on wounds with signs of local infection. The unique and patented Safetac® adhesive makes sure that your dressing can be changed without damaging the wound or skin around it. This makes the dressing change as pain free as possible and also makes sure that the skin around your wound stays dry and healthy.
Mepilex Ag is a versatile dressing that can be used on many different wounds - your nurse or doctor will know.
Typical wounds that are treated with Mepilex are:
- Burns (for preventing infection)
- Pressure ulcers (with signs of local infection)
- Leg ulcers (with signs of local infection)
Main benefits of Mepilex Ag
- Very soft and comfortable to wear
- Can remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- For wounds with signs of infection
- Contains silver which kills bacteria
- Has a Safetac layer making it less painful to remove
- Is very soft and comfortable
- Absorbs exudate (wound fluid)
- Keeps the wound moist which makes it heal faster
- Does not harm the surrounding skin
- Effect of silver up to 7 days
- Minimizes pain and skin damage at dressing changes
How To Apply Mepilex Ag Dressings
1. Clean the wound area. Remove the release film.
2. Mepilex Ag should overlap the wound bed by at least 2 cm onto the surrounding skin. Apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch.
3. When necessary, secure Mepilex Ag with a bandage or other fixation.