Mepilex® Border Lite #SC281300
Self-adherent soft silicone foam dressing
- 4" x 4" Square Dressing
- 5 Dressings Per Box
Mepilex Border Lite minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient at dressing changes. The Safetac technology prevents Mepilex Border Lite from sticking to the wound bed yet adheres gently to the surrounding skin. Mepilex Border Lite is ideal for those locations where a thin self-adherent dressing is required. It is a very conformable and gentle alternative to other thin adhesive bordered dressings.
Benefits of Mepilex Border Lite
- minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- self-adherent - no secondary fixation needed
- moisture proof and bacteria proof
- may be used under compression bandages
- promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- conforms well to the wound and body contours
- may remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- broad selection of sizes
- may be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Areas of use:
Mepilex Border Lite is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical incisions, and traumatic wounds, such as skin tears, blisters, abrasions, and secondary healing wounds
How To Use Mepilex Border Lite Dressing
Mepilex Border Lite is an absorbent and self-adherent soft silicone dressing. It consists of:
- a Safetac wound-contact layer (soft silicone)
- an absorbent pad in two layers: a polyurethane foam and a nonwoven layer and
- an outer film which is vapor permeable, moisture proof and bacteria proof.
Safetac® is a patented soft silicone adhesive technology. Dressings with Safetac technology are atraumatic upon removal. These dressings minimize trauma to the wound and the surrounding skin, which minimizes pain to the patient. The risk of maceration is minimized by sealing the wound margins.
Mode of action
Mepilex Border Lite is a highly conformable self-adherent dressing that absorbs exudate, maintains a moist wound environment and minimizes the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic removal at dressing changes.
Mepilex Border Lite is designed for the management of a wide range of non/low exuding wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical incisions and traumatic wounds, such as abrasions, finger injuries, blisters, and skin tears.
Mepilex Border Lite can also be used as protection of compromised and/or fragile skin.
Instructions for use
- Cleanse the wound in accordance with normal procedures.
- Dry the surrounding skin thoroughly.
- Remove the release films.
- Apply the adherent side to the wound. Do not stretch.
- For best results, the size of the wound pad should overlap the wound.
Mepilex Border Lite can be used under compression bandaging.
Mepilex Border Lite is shower proof.
Mepilex Border Lite can be used in combination with gels.
Frequency of change
Mepilex Border Lite may be left in place for several days depending of the condition of the wound and surrounding skin, or as indicated by accepted clinical practice.
In case of signs of clinical infection, consult a health care professional for adequate infection treatment. Do not use Mepilex Border Lite together with oxidizing agents such as hypochlorite solutions or hydrogen peroxide. Mepilex Border Lite should be stored in dry conditions below 95°F (35°C) and be protected from direct sunlight. Do not use if inner package is damaged. Sterility is guaranteed if inner package is intact. Do not re-sterilize.