Coloplast InterDry Ag Textile with Antimicrobial Silver Complex
- 1 roll per box (Each roll measures 10 inches by 144 inches)
- Effectively manages moisture, odor and inflammation in skin to skin contact areas.
- Helps manage erythema, maceration, denudement, pain, itching, burning and satellite lesions associated with skin folds.
- Wicks and translocates moisture.
- Silver textile provides effective antimicrobial action for up to 5 days.
- Possible sites to apply include: neck, axilla, under breast, back, abdomen, between fingers, groin, upper leg, lower extremities, and between toes.
How to Use InterDry
- Wash skin gently. Pat dry, do not rub.
- Cut the appropriate size of fabric with clean scissors, allowing a minimum of 2 inches of the fabric exposed outside the skin fold for moisture evaporation
- Lay a single layer of fabric in the skin fold, placing one edge of the fabric into the base of the fold. Gently smooth the rest of the fabric over the skin, keeping it flat. Leave at least 2 inches of the fabric exposed outside the skin fold.
- Secure the fabric in one of several ways; with the skin fold, with a small amount of tape, or tucked under clothing.
When to Dispose InterDry
Each piece of InterDry may be used up to 5 days, depending on fabric soiling, odor, amount of moisture and general skin condition.
Removal of InterDry
Remove the fabric before bathing and reuse when finished. When removing the fabric from skin folds, gently separate the skin fold and lift away fabric.
What is InterDry?
InterDry® Ag is a textile with antimicrobial silver compound that wicks and moves excess moisture away from the skin. The silver within this material provides effective antimicrobial action and reduces odor caused by bacterial, fungal or viral proliferation when excess moisture is trapped. The moisture can be urine from incontinence and/or perspiration from body sweat. InterDry® Ag, a textile that helps reduce the risk of moisture-associated skin damage, most often diagnosed as intertriginous dermatitis (intertrigo). As moisture accumulates and remains trapped within skin folds, bacteria, fungal and viral growth inevitably lead to intertrigo and even skin breakdown and subsequent ulceration. Obese patients, as well as those with contractures, are most vulnerable.
InterDry® Ag is a skin fold management system specially designed to manage moisture, odor and inflammation in skin folds and other skin-to-skin contact areas. A knitted polyester textile dressing impregnated with silver complex, InterDry® Ag textile provides effective antimicrobial action for up to five days and significantly improves the symptoms associated with intertrigo, maceration, denudement, inflammation, itching, erythema and satellite lesions. The textile fume functions by wicking moisture away to keep skin dry and provides a friction reducing surface to reduce the risk of skin tears and pressure ulcers. InterDry® Ag is Latex-free and has a 2-year shelf life.
Skin to skin or skin to device contact may cause friction and can hold moisture against the skin's surface. This puts patients at risk for skin complications such as maceration, erythema, itching, and more. InterDry® Ag manages the cause, not just the symptoms by effectively managing moisture, friction, and fungal and bacterial organisms that are encountered in skin fold management. In clinical settings, 100% of the symptoms were improved or resolved during a 5 day clinical study cited by Coloplast. One textile can be used for up to 5 days. Using InterDry® Ag eliminates need for messy creams or powder clean up.
In early 2012 InterDry® Ag Textile Was Named "MOST INNOVATIVE NEW PRODUCT" by the National Association For Continence (NAFC)