3346, 3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film Spray
- 28mL Pump Spray Bottle Format
- Alcohol-free, Sterile, Non-cytotoxic
Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film spray is an alcohol-free liquid barrier film that dries quickly to form a breathable, transparent coating on the skin. It is designed to protect intact, damaged or 'at-risk' skin from urine, feces, other body fluids, adhesive trauma and friction.
There are many forms Cavilon No Sting is supplied: 1ml foam applicator, 3ml foam applicator, 28ml pump spray and a stoma wipe. It lasts for up to 72 hours, and will not sting, even when applied to broken, excoriated skin.
Completely alcohol-free so can be used to treat broken and tender skin without stinging.
Proven to provide up to 72 hours of protection from bodily fluids making it a cost-effective treatment.
Non–petrolatum based so will not clog or reduce the absorbency of incontinence pad linings.
Sterile and non-cytotoxic: will not interfere with skin or wound healing.
3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is a polymeric solution which forms a uniform film when applied to the skin. The product is dispersed in a unique non-cytotoxic, non-stinging solvent, which dries rapidly. Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film helps to protect intact or damaged skin from irritation caused by urine and/or fecal incontinence, digestive juices, wound drainage, adhesives, and friction. The film is colorless, transparent, and possesses good oxygen and moisture vapor permeability.
Ingredients: Hexamethyldisiloxane, isooctane, acrylate terpolymer, polyphenylmethylsiloxane.
Intended Use: Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is a liquid intended for use as a film-forming product, that upon application to intact or damaged skin forms a long lasting waterproof barrier, which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive products, and friction. It is intended as a primary barrier against irritation from body fluids. The product may be used on adults, children, and infants over one month of age.
Contraindications: Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is NOT to be used:
- As the only covering in situations that require dressing protection from bacterial contamination/penetration, e.g. intravenous therapy catheter sites and full or partial thickness wounds.
- On infected areas of the skin.
- Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is extremely flammable until it has completely dried on the skin.
- Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film should only be applied when non ignition sources or heat-producing devices are in use.
- Avoid using around flames.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, or it redness or signs of irritation persist, consult a physician.
- Use of other barrier products, ointments, creams or lotions may significantly reduce its effectiveness.
- Contents of the spray bottle are sterile until first use.
General Instructions For Use:
- Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film.
- Foam applicator or Wipe: apply a uniform coating of film over the entire area of concern. Spray: hold spray nozzle four to six inches from skin and apply a smooth, uniform coating of film over the entire area of concern, while moving spray in a sweeping motion. Wait until film has dried (30 seconds) and touch up any areas missed.
- If Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin-contact areas are separated to allow the film to thoroughly dry before returning to the normal position.
- When used under adhesive tapes, dressings, or devices: (a) allow Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film to thoroughly dry before covering with dressings or adhesive products. (b) reapplication of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is necessary each time dressing and/or adhesive products are changed; the barrier film is removed by the adhesive.
- When used as a protectant against body fluids, feces, or urine etc. and no adhesive products are applied to skin: (a) reapplication of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is recommended every 24-72 hours, depending on frequency of cleansing. (b) in extreme cases (e.g. constant diarrheal stooling) with very frequent cleansing, more frequent applications MAY be necessary (i.e. every 12-24 hours).
- If desired, the film can be removed by using most medical adhesive removes as directed. Clean and dry the involved area and reapply Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film.
- Replace cap over spray nozzle when not in use to prevent accidental dispensing.