3M Cavilon™ No Sting Barrier Film, WAND, 3345
An alcohol-free liquid barrier film that protects intact or damaged skin from bodily fluids, adhesive, friction, and incontinence.
Features and Benefits:
Completely alcohol-free formula will not sting even when applied to damaged or denuded skin
Clinically proven to provide up to 72 hours of protection from incontinence for cost-effective prevention
Sterile delivery systems including peel-down packaging
Non-cytotoxic: will not interfere with skin or wound healing
Won`t clog or reduce absorbency of diapers or pads
Provides protection from adhesive trauma
3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film
3M Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is a polymeric solution which forms a uniform film when applied to the skin. The product is dispersed in a unique non-cytotoxic, non-stinging solvent, which dries rapidly. Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film helps to protect intact or damaged skin from irritation caused by urine and/or fecal incontinence, digestive juices, wound drainage, adhesives, and friction. The film is colorless, transparent, and possesses good oxygen and moisture vapor permeability.
Hexamethyldisiloxane, isooctane, acrylate terpolymer, polyphenylmethylsiloxane.
Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is a liquid intended for use as a film-forming product, that upon application to intact or damaged skin forms a long lasting waterproof barrier, which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive products, and friction. It is intended as a primary barrier against irritation from body fluids. The product may be used on adults, children, and infants over one month of age.
Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is NOT to be used:
- As the only covering in situations that require dressing protection from bacterial contamination/penetration, e.g. intravenous therapy catheter sites and full or partial thickness wounds.
- On infected areas of the skin.
- Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is extremely flammable until it has completely dried on the skin.
- Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film should only be applied when non ignition sources or heat-producing devices are in use.
- Avoid using around flames.
- Keep out of the reach of children.
- Should redness or other signs of irritation appear, or it redness or signs of irritation persist, consult a physician.
- Use of other barrier products, ointments, creams or lotions may significantly reduce its effectiveness.
- Contents of the spray bottle are sterile until first use.
General Instructions For Use:
- Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film.
- Foam applicator or Wipe: apply a uniform coating of film over the entire area of concern. Spray: hold spray nozzle four to six inches from skin and apply a smooth, uniform coating of film over the entire area of concern, while moving spray in a sweeping motion.
- If an area is missed, reapply to that area only after the first application of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film has dried (approximately 30 seconds).
- If Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin-contact areas are separated to allow the film to thoroughly dry before returning to the normal position.
- When used under adhesive tapes, dressings, or devices: (a) allow Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film to thoroughly dry before covering with dressings or adhesive products. (b) reapplication of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is necessary each time dressing and/or adhesive products are changed; the barrier film is removed by the adhesive.
- When used as a protectant against body fluids, feces, or urine etc. and no adhesive products are applied to skin: (a) reapplication of Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film is recommended every 24-72 hours, depending on frequency of cleansing. (b) in extreme cases (e.g. constant diarrheal stooling) with very frequent cleansing, more frequent applications MAY be necessary (i.e. every 12-24 hours).
- If desired, the film can be removed by using most medical adhesive removes as directed. Clean and dry the involved area and reapply Cavilon No Sting Barrier Film.
- Replace cap over spray nozzle when not in use to prevent accidental dispensing.